Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Whales and Lions, Dreams and Songs



Tips for watching the videos that would have been helpful had I provided these tips say.... 3 weeks ago:  
1. Watch on a screen larger than a phone
2. Use earphones
3. Enjoy

Two for two with whales.  Chalk it up to synchronicity; I can't explain it.  Whales have a hold of me!

This Moment, This Dream
I would love to sit with all of you, watch these short videos together then listen to each of you share what feelings, questions and insights come up for you as you watch them. 

In terms of tonight's whale video, I get that I dreamed myself into this very moment with all of you.  That's how free I am! I dreamed myself into communicating with people from a "further out" place than the first few 75-years-long nights of dreaming.  

Further out because we're not sitting together 
and we won't all look at this post at the same time
nor will we all watch the videos or watch them in their entirety.
Further out because we may not hear some of you 'speak' with us directly through the comment section of the blog (still time for that)
yet, you are sharing videos, songs, pictures, meals, walks and other expressions of freedom back with us even though they may not be directed toward 'us' specifically.  

The personal self cannot understand what I'm saying because the personal self is bound by time, cause and effect, and separation. So the personal self will rationalize.  Watch the 'I.'  In other words, give some attention to who sees the thinking and who decides (or doesn't decide) which thoughts to think.  Perhaps, let yourself wonder... 

This Song
Whatever, wherever and however you experience yourself, your 'song' is indispensable in this Circle of Life.  Thank you for being in the choir with me.  




4 comments:

  1. Recently, Ive had some tiny fleeting moments of looking at my life, my day, the people around me or even just a brief moment of my experience and seeing it as the dream I always dreamed for myself. It is bewildering, wonderful and as Anna says "astonishing." But there is nothing to hold on to and there are many many moments of the other side to that as well. There is still some suffering in the midst of living this beautiful dream. I'm still getting used to the idea that none of this is linear, but those fleeting moments are lovely. Lovely in a major way, like swimming with a whale might be.

    Thank you for the whale video, Anna. It was the perfect start to my day. Chiara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank YOU, chiara. per mooji, you hit the nail on the head - there is nothing to hold on to.

      Delete
  2. My first thought with the video is I'd dream of swimming with the three young mermaids before I'd swim with the whale!!! But the whale is cute too... (did I just actually post that)!

    Really though I still struggle with having things be all about my dream vs. my responsibilities to others and their dreams... It's a hard balance and I know it's not totally one or the other, however there are important things that can get in the way of totally realizing your dream. I guess the exciting thing for me is that I feel overwhelmingly positive that the dream gets better every day I wake up. Each day brings more learning and a new way of looking at things... Another day to live in the moment and be free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are funny!

      in my experience, nothing gets in the way of freedom except thinking. I might think, "shoot, do I really have to do this?" and then I watch the "i" who is asking and I realize that the question is a habitual distraction from the freedom of Presence.

      feeling overwhelmingly positive... yeah! go with that! i laughed when Mooji said, "Listen, I'd rather be with people enjoying themselves than miserable devotees." Right?!?

      Delete