Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Carbonite Freeze




Do you remember this scene from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi?

I saw it in my mind's eye today and I thought, "I feel like that sometimes."  But, it wasn't until I sat down to write this that I 
remembered when:




Who's to say what being your best self looks like?  Who's to say I wasn't being my best self when I was all caught up in the back and forth with Emma?  What happened, happened. Now what?

The point of paying attention to our best selves is to pay attention to now.  Our best selves always occur NOW. 

My ideas about what I think my best self looks like have nothing to do with anything. 

Your ideas about what you think your best self looks like have nothing to do with anything. 

Best selves are too expansive, creative and mysterious to be boxed in by expectations.  

Best selves are present, dynamic, connected and consciously choosing.  And, sometimes they have some shiz to deal with.  

Sometimes, there's a delay.  

Sometimes, you too might feel like you just emerged from a carbonite freeze.   

Be grateful for the troubles and stresses in your life.  Without struggle, you might not express those 3-5 qualities without which you wouldn't be you.  It's fitting to remember that there is no open without closed, far without near, nor light without dark on the shortest day of the year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment