Tuesday, December 31, 2013

What's New?


I'm not big on new year's resolutions.  (But Woody's list is pretty rad.) Instead, I create themes for the year: 

  • 2010 - the year of transformation. 
  • 2011 - the year of listening to my inner knowing. 
  • 2012 - the year of love
  • 2013 - the year of honoring the wisdom of the unknown. 


I've since heard someone call these "Manifesting Missions."  That's cool and everything, but I'm sticking with themes.  Theme feels like a good host who welcomes and makes room for everyone. 

The annual theme emerges.  I start wondering, "what's the next year's theme going to be?"  Typically I wonder about a couple possibilities before I discover the theme that resonates deeply.  When I do, I throw my hat in the ring and start sharing with my friends and family, "2014 is the year of..."  

I don't know what the theme of 2014 is, yet.  

I do know that everything is new.  All the time.  And I know that I don't need a theme or a mission to experience what's new.  My best self - present, dynamic, connected and animated - is new.  So is yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment