Monday, January 6, 2014

A Colbert-Worthy Life




I like to make stuff up
ways of connecting with people,
and intentionally building and sharing good energy.
I like making up Points of View that empower, inspire and entertain me.
I like making paper collages
and videos
and blog posts.
I like discovering the best question for someone
I like making up new categories for old teachings
and fresh ways of putting ideas together.
I like inventing ways to facilitate people transforming stuck to choice.  

So, I guess it's no surprise that I love Stephen Colbert. If you aren't familiar with him, the following link will bring you to a two-minute sketch of his that is emblematic of his style - irreverent, intelligent and animated.  I present you with....The Pope's Secret Life 

How I got to Colbert, is I was being Real Like That.  I was feeling distracted and looking for help focusing my attention on something enlivening.  Stephen Colbert is such a reliable go-to. 20 minutes and I'm rejuvenated!  I am truly grateful for quality entertainment. 

How cool would it be to be a guest on the Colbert Report?  If I am a guest on the Colbert Report then clearly something went very very right.  Do you think for some people it's no big deal to go on the Colbert Report?  I mean, do people take that for granted?  Maybe, some people actually complain about being a guest because it films so late?  Can you imagine?

Okay, if Stephen Colbert doesn't translate for you, pick the personality that does.  And then think about living your life so that you can meet up with them and feel like their equal.  It might sound superficial to suggest this but what I love is the irreverence. It keeps things light.  Living it up, in the sense of turning our light on, bringing our best selves forward, choosing to let the energy move, is not a monastic endeavor.  Necessarily.  

I am inspired to live a Colbert-Worthy life.  I want to be ready for when he comes to the yoga studio.  Which is entirely possible, by the way.  I won't name names, because our celebrity guests deserve to come and go in peace, but I will say that we have had some super famous people at PPY and they are often in my class. I get so nervous and so excited when someone famous comes to practice.  That's another post, though. 

I want to be ready in case Stephen Colbert comes to class and I have a chance to chat him up afterwards.  You know, "Thanks for coming to class.  Other than yoga, what's going on with you?  Really?  Sweet, nice job.  Me?  I'm just wrapping up the Real Like That project.  Life changing, Stephen. You and I could HASH it out on your show. We can go deep and get spiritual on it.  I will give you so much good new material to tease people with. I'm a demographic that your viewers can relate to!" 

Essential Items for Your Unexpected Opportunity to Chat it Up with Stephen Colbert after a Yoga Class:

  1. Two stories that give a fresh spin on a familiar social situation.  Stephen will like that, for sure. 
  2. Anecdotes demonstrating how you will make his life easier by being on his show. 
  3. Immediate access to your best self.



No comments:

Post a Comment