Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Real Like That Works!


This is what happens with me.  I read a quote like the one above and it feels like everything comes into focus.  Does that ever happen to you?  Someone says or shows you something and you immediately feel clearer and lighter?  When this happens for me, I practice and share whatever it was that initiated the shift.  Lots of you have heard me say this quote before.  Right?  I even posted it in the Teacher's Room at Portland Power Yoga.    

Here's another example: i just read a book that says our brains do not have the capacity to imagine all possibilities.  So, when I missed a turn taking Emma to cheer practice I said, "Let's keep in mind that we can never know what gifts occurred because I missed that turn."
Emma says, "Yeah but we know we're five minutes late." 

I am committed to relating with myself and others in ways that elevate our experience of love, trust, connection, peace and freedom. What that looks like is me practicing something.  Not everyone appreciates my devotion to the practice.  And, that's okay.



No comments:

Post a Comment