Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Road is Made by Walking


I am comforted when I remember that it is not my job or within my capacity to know everything.  The road is made by walking.  

Relationships, work, peace of mind, creative expression, are all made by walking.

But my flimsy self-image is threatened by the mystery of lived experience.  I have an identity to protect, I am a this and a that, says my self-image.  I've got to do this and have that to be me.  

In times of major change, my ego/self-image looks for a rational explanation of circumstance. Rationalizing is the work of the ego.   

What a distraction! 

Figuring things out is a distraction from lived experience. 


Get out of your head, 
and into your heart. 
Think less. Feel more. 
- Osho

I am regardless of what else is occurring because I am the Loving Awareness of my experience.  And I am the Loving Awareness of any experience.  This is a link to the experience of Canadian ski coach Justin Wadsworth.  


**Invitation to Inquiry**
Make a list of areas in your life where you are trying to "figure things out.  (Figuring things out is not a moral issue, it's not a good or a bad thing.)  
Go through each item on your list and ask yourself,  "if I never figure this out am I okay?"


A gold medal is a wonderful thing 
but if you're not enough with out it, you'll never be enough with it.
- Cool Runnings 


No comments:

Post a Comment