Monday, March 24, 2014

Arson at the Trading Post





Tonight Michelle asked if I wanted to talk by texting, "You can tell me more about Mooji. ;)"  



Michelle is like Jimmy Fallon; she is the expert of friendly spot-on teasing!  She just nailed it with that text.  I am all "Mooji said..." this and "Mooji said..." that.  

It's not surprising; I have been sitting in satsang with Mooji for almost 40 days. The entire satsang is available for free on-line.    Anyone can have the same experience without paying a dime or giving their email to anyone.  You don't need to register or apply.  No advance training or skills are required.  It's open satsang like each day opens for all of us. 
 
---


In Saturday's satsang, a man got up and asked Mooji about love. Mooji said "It's too late for the love bus, this is the freedom bus." The man wasn't satisfied with what Mooji said so he asked, "What's the point if we're not loving people?"  
You cannot love. 
You can only love when you are free. 
When you are not free, 
you trade,
you want something. 
Love becomes business
when you love from ego only.



Ego Trading Post
You know the Ego Trading Post.  We all know the Ego Trading Post.  It's how our personality operates in the world.  After we regard the delusion that we are physical and psychological individuals as a fact, our entire experience is confined to and dictated by the Ego Trading Post. 
Everything is a trade at the Ego Trading Post. I support you, you support me. And if you don't support me the way everyone in their right mind knows you should support me according to the going rate, you will become a customer in bad standing.  At least until you pay your debt. 

And there's a lot of strategy. I make sure not to ask for too much.  That means that when I do make a big request I can point to my record and say, "I've been a great customer at the Ego Trading Post, always paid on time. Now, you can roll out a little credit for me, can't you?"  

All these subtle negotiations and expectations.  It's a racket!  An exhausting racket with layers of obligation and  polite manipulation.  

I'm burning the Ego Trading Post down!  
I'm putting it out of business; all debts are cleared.  
Nobody owes me anything and I don't owe anybody else anything. 
All accounts are settled. 

Think how freaking intense this is to give up acting from any sense of expectation or obligation.  Can you even imagine that?  Think about what you expect from yourself.  From your partner. Your family.  Life.  Really, consider giving all that up.  You don't actually have to to give up anything; you have nothing to prove.  The question is only a means of exploring what you own and what owns you.  

You're much grander than any and all expectations, no matter how refined or positive.  Don't shrink yourself down into some tiny trading post.   Even if you have made it familiar and cozy; it's still a cage.  

Let's burn that place down!


I am razing the Ego Trading Post to the ground.  

I might as well because I cannot do business there.  I am not one bit interested in anyone talking to me about the bad deal they got.  Do you know who you are?  If you did you would not give a crap about whatever it is you're saying is some kind of problem.  



I am bored by insistence on and fear of competition.  Burn the Ego Trading Post down and that's taken care of!

I'm out, people.  I'm not interested in this kit and caboodle. Running around looking for this or that, thinking we have problems because we forget who we are and then justifying the problems as real seems like an absurd way to express life.

Maybe this is why Mooji says "be quiet."  Because if I go around talking like this post, things might not go so well.  I'd be charged with arson.  

*By the way, the David Hasselhoff picture is awesome, right?  
His turtleneck matches the red font and fire graphic and 
I thought he added some encouragement 
to a somewhat confronting post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment