Thursday, March 20, 2014

Wicked Free


First and foremost, if you have not seen Wicked (this quote is from the song Defy Gravity) and you have the opportunity to.... say yes!

Second of all, this morning when I considered the proposal I sent to BPYI I had a few moments thinking things like: 

  • Who do I think I am?  
  • Shit. Am I trying to be someone?  
  • I'll never be able to sustain the clarity and presence I communicated.

I'm hearing these thoughts, being the awareness of the thoughts and then, "Oh, snap!  Is this a freedom hangover?" Like Brene Brown's vulnerability hangover?   

But, Brene Brown told everyone about having a mental breakdown.  I told everyone about being proof of yoga.  Why would I experience any amount of ego-inspired insecurity?

Oh, you wily mind sneaking through with that kind of thinking.  Being free doesn't look or taste a particular way! 



There is no standard for Free.  
There is no path for Free.  
Free is.

These are not concepts.  If you skimmed through those last three  lines you are missing the point.  Ingest it with me:
There is no standard for Free
There is no path for Free
Free is.

Whenever you doubt or get confused about being free, consider that only your personal self can doubt and be confused.  Universal Self is crystal clear, there is no confusion.  This Universal Self is always present.  Simply pay attention to the part of you that is effortless, pay attention to being awareness.  

This is simple but the ego-mind doesn't like it when we give our attention to being awareness and will put up a fight.  The way my mind fights includes disguising the following rules as truth: 

  • we are obligated to spend time with certain people
  • the physical world is more real than the non-physical world
  • responsible adults have retirement accounts
  • 'good' relationships look a certain way
  • if I make the right moves, I will be rewarded
  • other people's approval will bring me happiness

The ego needs those rules.  I don't.  Neither do you. 

We're Wicked Free Like That.  


1 comment:

  1. The freedom we seek exists in language. The conversation will illicit all sorts of "occurring" states that are not the thing itself. There are the facts and then there is the interpretation.

    My way is YOUR way and visa versa. It's either governed by all or none.

    ReplyDelete