Sunday, March 23, 2014

Dispelling Pretense in Three Acts





Act One
This morning I watched this video clip from the The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. I thought, "I have to share this with the Free Like That-ers."  Why?  Because I adore Jimmy Fallon and he provides entertaining, positive challenges to the established social pattern.  We're all friends and we're all free on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon!  
  

Act Two
Louis C.K. takes more of a punk-rock see-the-dirt approach to breaking out of society's pattern of what we talk about and how.   If you are new to him, he is edgy.  He dives into the bile of the ego and somehow transforms the most acute cases of Ego Inflammation Disorder to entertainment.  You have got to watch this Why I Hate Cell Phones video!  Even if you hate it, you can appreciate it.  I showed Michelle a couple of Louis C.K.'s video and she liked some of them.  Some of them. 


Act Three
Emma:  What is that thing you're doing now?

~ I give her a look of confusion ~

Emma: You know, that writing every night thing?

Me:  Free Like That?

Emma: Yeah.  I found a video for you to show everyone tonight. 


(Too risky?)

---

Whether you are now appalled, confused or entertained, these comedians all challenge the pretense of ego.  And you know what I'm saying...

Burn Baby Burn!

2 comments: