Monday, March 31, 2014

Freedom Looks Good On Michelle


Reach by Michelle Miller

It's awesome the way a new artistic medium ignites my creative process. Encaustic wax is a beautiful thing as are the human skeletal system and actively practicing my unique skills and talents.

Although Encaustic Wax has been used as a painting medium since 200A.D., it has only come into my view in the past 2 months. I spent a few days wondering which came first, the space in my life or this inspirational new medium. Did this new medium drive these beautiful drawings or did the freedom I've come into insist on a creative expression?

Anna and I talked and she suggested it didn't necessarily matter. That they were one and the same. She's probably right.

I realize today that Freedom for me is simply being in the process, getting my hands dirty, and making a visual statement. Working. Playing. Creating. Easy!


Pelvis by Michelle Miller

Guest post by Michelle Miller, March 31, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment