Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Free Like That!



If you've been reading my blog, you may have noticed that I am devoted to uncovering my true nature and I enjoy communicating about it.  I didn't clearly see this about myself until I was in the midst of Real Like That.  During RLT I wondered, "who am I to facilitate a project focusing on being real?  I'm practicing this all the time; what gives me any credibility?"

The answer that occurred to me was, "I am devoted."  

I do not say this with pride.  In fact, for quite a while I thought I was OCD or weird; my devotion seemed overboard.  Relationships with people I love have transformed or ended because I have an interminable yearning for freedom that drives some people crazy.   

I am devoted to freedom.  

Freedom is not a concept.  Freedom is not an idea to debate.  You either discern that you are free and any indication otherwise is a ruse of ego-identity, or you do not.   

Not free like you can do anything you want.  I live in Lovell, Maine.  I am the single mother of a 15 year old daughter.  I am not available to fly to India and sit in satsang with Mooji in person.  

It doesn't matter.    


Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.  Say you're running and you think, "Man, this hurts, I can't take it anymore."  The 'hurt' part is an unavoidable reality, but whether or not you can stand it anymore is up the runner himself.
- Haruki Murakami  
What I Talk About When I Talk About Running 

What attracts me to Mooji has nothing to do with him as a person or India. The reality is I am in Maine, he is in India.  It is up to me to engage the truth of who he is as the truth of who I am and the truth of who each of us are.  

Suffering is always related to ego-clinging.  Always.  What's so fabulous, what's so empowering, what's so energizing is that you don't have to believe me.  In fact, believing that suffering is always related to ego-clinging is useless.  This relationship between ego-clinging and suffering must be experienced.  Look into it for yourself: when you are suffering, discern who is suffering.  This is called Self-Inquiry.    

You and I are always Free; it is who we are.  

Let's begin again here, Free Like That.  



And in case you're wondering about Ego Inflammation Disorder... it'll be diagnosed and treated throughout Free Like That!  Phew, right?




Participation Levels

No comments:

Post a Comment